Four graduates standing out steps outside a building, in gown and cap. Also scanned: the back of the photo.
The front cover of the parish directory of Holy Redeemer Catholic Church. One page of the directory depicts the Briscoe family.
Harold Sampson became the College Park Animal Control Officer in 1971. That year's October Municipal Scene newsletter reported, "His reputation is spreading fast. One dog from College Park Woods traveled through the rain and turned himself in at the Municipal Building this morning." That humorous report set the tone for Sampson's relationship with city residents. He was the most popular city staff member.
Contains a cover page with a portrait of the deceased, the location of the church, and the date of the service; the order of the service; the obituary; and the floral bearers and pall bearers.
Rusted looking pin, same pattern as the one preceding it.
Mr. and Mrs. Lomax with co ex Wayne Curry
A page dedicated to the Yearbook Staff.
City of College Park - Demolition photos 8005 48th Ave & 4802 Lakeland Rd.
Includes appraised values and other costs
Haliburton and Essex family - various notes and cards.
The churches of Lakeland have always been the true soul of the community. Gathering for dinner on the lawn of Embry AME Church has long been a summer tradition in Lakeland. In this 1962 photograph, William Sharps is shown wearing chefs whites preparing the day's meal. Seated in the foreground is Dora Robinson (third from the right) along with some friends, including Jacob Johnson, wearing the hat. (Courtesy of the Gross family)
Steated in the center row third from the left is Pauline Gray
Benjamin Robert Hicks, born in Calvert County, Maryland in 1873. He moved to Lakeland in 1900 and married Annie L. Terry. They raised three children--Ethel, Madeline, and Maurice. Hicks was a founder and deacon of Embry AME Church. He was employed as a member of the maintenance and repair crew for the nearby B&O Railroad.