Block 44 Lot 2 color image 8121 54th Ave Gilbert Thomas
Block 44 Lot 4 owned by Walter and Mildred Lasick 8117 54th Ave Urban Renewal Block19 Parcel 4
8200 Rhode Island Avenue Leonard Smith and Mamie McCorkle
Block 44 Lots 7,8,9,10,11 55th Ave
Appraisal Report - 4810 Lakeland Rd, west half of Lot 13 block 12 Urban Renewal Parcel 18 Block 24
Former Lakeland High School Building during period it served as Lakeland Elementary.
Section C: Land Use Plan (cont'd Land Use Provisions and Building Requirements). Duration of Provisions and Date of Effectuation section.
Going, Gone The first demolition in Lakeland located at 4800 Navahoe St. The first of 65 structures to be cleared
8104 48th Ave Plaza Properties
property appraisal page Blocks 1, 12-4 & 44
Cincinnati Avenue Block 44, E. 1/2 of lot 6, parcel 19-7 Joseph A. & Eleanor M. Galvagna
Block 45 Lot 7 5402 Cleveland Ave Carl Cager et al.
8106 48th Ave Melbourne Pl and 48th Avenue
Lomax house, 54th Avenue
4901 Navahoe St. Urban Renewal Parcel 24 Ralph E. & Emma Conway
A real estate contract between James A. Irby , Allen Mercer Wilkins and Mary P. Tabbs, the seller. Contains: - Legal details - the buyers paid in all $2500 for the house, in monthly installments of $50 after the first payment of $500; - Close up of the final signatures; - Page beginning a section with specifications for "labor and materials to be used in the construction of a [Lakeland] residence. ..."; - Financial guidelines; Constructional requirements; Excavation and concrete work requirements; Brickwork, carpenter work, and inside trim requirements; Stairway, flooring, lathing and plastering requirements; Hardware, painting, and electric-work requirements; Stairway, doors, lathing and plastering requirements; Hardware, roofing, painting and electric-work requirements; Heating requirements; - Final signoff sheet, finished by R. C. Archer Jr. on august 21 1935.
Harold W. & Julia M. Pitts 4800 Lakeland Road
4900 Lakeland Rd Block 12, Block 14 Project Parcel 24-20 owner STG (Thomas G. Johnson)
Lot 4 Block13 Parcel 20 8112 51st Ave Alsie Nickens & Elsie White
8115 54th Avenue
8011 Winnipeg Avenue
From 1917 to 1932, the Rosenwald Fund contributed to the building of approximately 5,000 schools for African-American children in southern states. The Rosenwald program provided state-of-the-art school plans along with partial funding. Communities were required to provide cash or in-kind contributions; the remainder of the school costs was borne by local school boards. Lakeland had two such schools. Lakeland Elementary (shown here) was built in 1925, replacing the earlier school, and Lakeland High School was built in 1928.
4903 Navahoe Street East part of Lot 3 Block 12 Urban Renewal Lot 3 Block 24 Mary E. Stewart 1/3, Sam R. Stewart 1/3; Earl Conway 1/6, Raymond Conway 1/6
The congregation of the First Baptist Church of College Park gathered for this photograph in June 2006, during the celebration of their 116th year anniversary. Their pastor, Rev. Stephen L. Wright Sr., is second from the left in the second row. His wife, Linda, is to his left. (Courtesy of Eleanor V. Holt)
After purchase by Urban Renewal Authority